NPRA’s Foundational Values
Agents and Senior Care Providers for Social Change
We represent clients, families and professionals delivering senior care. We are progressive and politically active to protect our clients, and our membership and our sponsors.
Professional Development, Responsibility and Accountability
Our ‘Best Practices’ is a working document to provide an increased awareness of roles, responsibility and practice standards. Our ‘Code of Ethics’ and operational standards will be integrated into the National Certification. Continuing education and professional development are a vital components. The certification will provide accountability and establish professional standards for members.
Learn About The Initiatives The We Support
Families Have Rights/Family Choice
“Only an informed choice, is a good choice.”
Most families searching for senior care or housing are generally under immense time restraints and stress.
Often a family will turn to the internet to research their available options, including price and services provided. Too many times, they click the ‘submit’ button and unknowingly commit to an ‘implied contract’
NPRA believes by clicking a ‘submit’ button on an ‘information only’ website should not eliminate:
- A family’s right to be represented by an agent of their choice
- A family’s right to their own personal information
- A family’s right of rescission of “services.”
Agents For A Fair Marketplace
Our driving force is to establish fair business practices. Better services for the consumer through partnerships, innovation
NPRA believes online referral services could be executing unfair business methods, as they:
- Create a “False Sense of Competition” on the internet for the consumer
- Negotiate exclusive lead contracts that prevent family choice
- Exhibit questionable “Lack of Disclosures” that stifle competition and entrap consumers
- Practice questionable business tactics to attempt to manipulate, or apply pressure to consumers, competitors and senior care providers, overlooking fair business practices
National Best Practices & Code of Ethics
Create a strong foundation for a viable industry
We believe that unified standards can make our industry stronger. Our Best Practices and Code of Ethics work alongside our members and sponsors to develop and maintain those industry standards.
Program and testing to begin mid-2019
Our ‘Best Practices’ and a ‘Code of Ethics’ will be integrated into the National Certification. Members will be extended a discounted rate for the National Certification programs and testing.